1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Obama love America?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who's obsessed?

You started the thread?

The media is having a conniption over it, and has tried to get every Republican in America on the record regarding it.

Poor Chuck Todd was nearly in tears over the entire topic on Meet the Press this Sunday.

People say the issue would have gone away if Walker would have simply said, "of course he loves his country," and had condemned Giuliani's statements.

Wouldn't the question go away if Obama's own supporters were willing to simply say it? Wouldn't it go away if the vast majority of Americans believed it?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He likes it a lot but just isn't ready for a serious commitment right now.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did Dick Cheney love America? He sure as fuck wouldn't fight for it.

Baron Scicluna and I Should Coco like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Much like the "Falklands" was shorthand for O'Reilly when he was referencing his coverage of the conflict while reporting from a hotel room in the Argentine capitol, I meant to encompass the entire Godfather trilogy when I referenced the Godfather.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, it's become a news story now. It's Really Important.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sure. I mean, look how quickly the question of his birthplace went away because 80 percent of Americans believed it to be Hawaii.

Personally I want it to go on as long as it can. It ruins any serious candidate the Republicans offer up.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He really likes America but needs to focus on his career right now.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Seems to me you would associate with people who don't like America (for whatever reason) so that you may be able to gleam insight about what may be wrong with it (or at least why others are finding fault with it) and how we can make it better.

When I take a car missing on two cylinders to be fixed, I don't want the mechanic telling me, "Runs great!"

9. YankeeFan

[​IMG]

EXECUTIVE 1: We just have one question, though. We were looking over some of your lyrics, uh... "I want to walk hand-in-hand with Jesus on a private beach for two./I want him to nibble on my ear and say 'I'm here for you.'" It seams you really love Christ.

CARTMAN:
    Yes, we sure do.

EXECUTIVE 1: Eh no but ih it appears you are actually... in love with Christ.

CARTMAN: Well what are you saying? That, that
    you don't really love Christ??

EXECUTIVE 1: Well uh of course I do. I mean I just-

CARTMAN: Well what's the difference?! You love
    Christ, you're in love with Christ, I mean, uh, what the heck is this??

10. YankeeFan

OK, sure. Maybe you do associate with some people who do not love America, so you can understand their "legitimate" "grievances" in order to make America even greater than it already is.

But, who does/did he associate with who does love America?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As defined by you, of course.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Loves America, doesn't love America, who cares? Far more important are his thoughts on nonperturbative approaches to string theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.