1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Obama love America?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love America -- and I've traveled the world enough to know how special it is. (And, don't get me wrong, Canada is incredible as well.)

I also believe that America -- due in large part to our Constitution -- like baseball, is so great that no one man or party can ruin it, or my love for it.

Sure, when Democrats are in charge, they institute change that can prove impossible to undue, but we'll probably never get rid of the designated hitter or inter-league play either, and baseball is still the best sport on the planet.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Eh ...

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So what is his endgame? Why go through the meatgrinder of two elections, as well as the day-to-day scrutiny?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Did you somehow miss that impression with every other politically inclined person on the board? That unfortunate reality works both ways.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Why does anyone run for president? Power.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That is why I included Baron, it's not a right, left thing.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This, very much.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Well, if you included Baron on that side, we win! :)

9. Mr. Sunshine

TINSTAALWLTC

10. YankeeFan

Do you have any info on this photo? I can't find any copyright info on it, or verify that this particular photo is from the 1960s.

Regardless, I obviously do not support such a thing.

The great thing about America, and the way our Constitution was written, is that we are able to become a more perfect nation.

We have changed, and the vast majority of the change has been for the better.

But, when we compare the sins of America's past, it should be in relation to where the rest of the word was at the time, and not to America in 2015.

Let's put it in the proper context.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe he loves the U.S. but isn't IN love with the U.S.

If he's doing what he feels is in the best interest of the grestest amount of American citizens I couldn't give a good Goddam if he loathes this place.

MisterCreosote likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

As I said on another thread, I believe Obama does love the vision he has for America, and has worked hard to enact it, or at least put us on the pathway towards it.

Obama is clearly uncomfortable with our superpower status. He's enabled Russia. He's enabled Iran.

He's done everything but abandon Israel.

He's done his best to introduce socialized medicine, and he's advocated for greater "wealth distribution".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.