1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Obama have a Jewish problem?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dragonfly, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, W's been a treat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good article, and some "interesting" comments by readers, as well.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks for posting that, 21. I wish it was a little more up-to-date. The survey mentioned in the article was done in November. I wonder if those numbers have changed, especially since the article itself was written before the Super Tuesday showdown.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Ignoring all of the posts in between that I didn't read, foolishness? The letter said nothing, it just denounced something that almost anyone would denounce. Nothing in the column implied that he's a psycho. Is that the foolishness part?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's absolutely priceless from somebody who accuses other posters of condescending attitudes. I'm surprised you don't like Obama for having a possible connection to Farrakhan. Farrakhan's views on homosexuality seem to fit right in with yours.

6. He - not MacArthur - is the true American Ceasar

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

On this thread, a person's religious affiliation does matter, at least if the person happens to be Jewish. I don't object to Obama, but this issue does give me some concerns. As I wrote above, I'd love to hear clearer answers from him on the subject.

And Yawn, nobody said religion wasn't a part of the issue, just that there are other parts to it as well. That's what you constantly ignore. Everything is not about religion, no matter what you would like to believe. You can't see part your own personal faith to even try to understand those who disagree with you. Then you insist that they only disagree because they don't understand you.

In other words, you are not only insanely closed-minded, but a hypocrite as well.

8. I was going to stay out of it, but, really, JOHN HAGEE?
    So, yawn, you're one of those fringe Christians -- by any reasonable standard, including raw demographic numbers -- who believe that we should support Israel because all the Jewish people need to be there before Jesus can come back and slay the forces of the Antichrist?
    Give up, alley. This is Christianity as pre-medieval mystery cult.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's the deal . . . and we're all supposed to go broke supporting all this, 'till the end of time.

Forward the bills to Mssrs. Wolfowitz and Pearle, and all those who love those guys so very, very much . . . please.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Yawn.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I haven't brought up the H word in some time, but it figures a childish asshole like you would.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And the lockup comes in 5...4...3...2...

Draft saved Draft deleted