1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does NFL Live really need to be on everyday in July?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boobie Miles, Jul 13, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is there any reason to watch ESPN of there is not a baseball game on?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No.

And I'd rather watch a spelling bee or even an eating contest than hear a bunch of POINTLESS YELLING ABOUT FOOTBALL!

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Thats what happens when the only sport going on is baseball(and Im not saying this to start shit).

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

No offense, chuck, but NFL (waste of time) Live was on during your beloved NBA playoffs, as well.

Point is, ESPN never has been able to adequately fill 24 hours a day of programming on 2 networks and it makes even less effort to do so now than it used to.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, I know they did. This is a football country.

p.s. You're right, NFL Live is a waste of time(Trey Wingo makes me mad. I dont know why, but he REALLY annoys me. And that Mark Schlereth guy comes off as a really arrogant SOB. )

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

No, Chuck this is not a football country... ESPN says it's a football country

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bingo.

This never happened until, oh, when was it again?

Right about when ESPN started televising NFL games, wasn't it?

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Times I've ever watched NFL Live=number of Bills Super Bowl titles.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

The Huddle show on ESPN Radio isn't exactly up for any Peabodys either.

I'll give you one guess what two of the topics were ... that's right, Michael Vick and Tank Johnson. Mix that up with a couple of interviews with people I've never heard of and, voila, a radio show.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Again, Im not trying to start anything, but football is the number 1 sport in this country(and in my opinion, is america's favorite pastime). Period.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's absolutely dreadful. It's 22 minutes of gimmicks and speculation, instead of news. There is not a scintilla of worthwhile NFL news from May-to-mid July; training camp reports are basically rehashed bullshit (vet holding out, stud rookie, team's outlook, surprise player) and then the season starts.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Baseball is the national pastime.
    Football is America's Game.
    Both are slogans used to describe their respective sports. Period.

That said, I'll take NFL Live over Stephen A. Tewwible anytime. Course, I'll take Baseball Tonight over both and I got my fix tonight, so I'm happy. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted