1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does NFL Live really need to be on everyday in July?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boobie Miles, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This probably isn't worth its own thread but I need to vent about this. There just isn't enough to talk about -- even with the NFL -- to warrant having this show on everyday. Today was brutal... they had some D-list host and Eric Allen. Since it's Friday the 13th, this is what three of the segments were: the top 10 scariest things on a football field (i.e. trying to tackle Tomlinson), the top 5 unluckiest plays in football history, and my personal favorite, some of the best players named Jason.

And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Doug Gottlieb is filling in on Rome is Burning.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Probably not, but training camp starts soon, Larry Johnson will most likely hold out, the supplemental draft was just held and all but one first-round pick are unsigned. There are things to talk about, but that show just sounds brutal.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

No. There isn't anything to talk about. The show shouldn't be on right now.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

At least it sounds like we moved past the two straight weeks of Michael Vick talk. Finally, our long national nightmare is over.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

So what about the NFL Network?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At least it's poker reruns.

7. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The NFL probably told the WWL that it needs to be on. Therefore it needs to be on.
    It's overkill, even for a lot of football junkies, but it beats:
    (1) Hot dog eating contests
    (2) Spelling bees
    (3) Rock, hammer, sissors
    (4) Stephen A.

8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not even against the show being on, but can't they at least make an attempt to do a real show, instead of filling time with the stupid, gimmicky lists they did today?

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, it could be worse. In my neck of the woods, Fox Sports West has been showing reruns of last December's California state football championships games for the last three days.

Was at the gym Monday and FSW was on the TV with one of the games on. Some guy was actually running up to the TV between sets on the weight machine looking to see what the score was. I usually MYOB in the gym and I did this time, but I really wanted to go over and tell him, "Hey, you do know this game was played eight months ago, right?"

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Who scissors beat?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm surprised someone didn't start this thread in June.

12. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Oops. Should have said "Rock, paper, scissors"

Draft saved Draft deleted