1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Koran Justify Terror?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 13, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Re: The Koran justifies Killing

I've got a suggestion for you Hondo...you come down here to East Texas and put yourself in their line of fire. They may be words to you but it's what those words are backed up with that worries me and others.

Otherwise, you're just not talking with any authority that means anything to me.

2. Re: The Koran justifies Killing

This is my favorite argument.
    Don't make us be scared little fascists and start building the camps.
    This country never has needed much of an excuse to run away from the things that make it special.

3. Re: The Koran justifies Killing

Yes, that's exactly what I said.
    Please do better.

4. Reason the thread title changed, please?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In the spirit of Webbys new rules of engagment I think it's a more precise discription of the Times article. Original title left the wrong impression that Koran was clear cut in regard to justifying murder.

If you read the artile you see that the koran is open to broad interpretation. Radical islam uses to their advantage in justifying terrorism.

While our resident koran scholar chip taylor will tell us that the koran does not justify violence, some of the koran scholors that the Times quotes provide some pretty convincing arguments that Koran does justify violence.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Those quran scholars only commented on those words and those words alone. They never mentioned the whole verse(and the verses before them) or the historical context(which i pointed out earlier).

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps then you should go speak to those scholars and straighten them out. Certainy radical islam is paying attention to them based on the terror acts they continue to commit in the name of allie.

Have you written a letter to the Times yet pointing out how imcomplete their story was?

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The Bible is full of statements that endorse slavery, murder and the defiling of women. It is also full of statements that endorse love, forgiveness and protecting the weak. If someone chooses to kill in the name of the Christian God and cites the Bible it says more about the killer than the book. Same for the Koran. Same for the Torah. Same for any other religious text that is being interpreted by humans.

9. In the name of allie?
    Are you drunk, Boom?

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Allie Sherman? Those were indeed terrifying times.

11. Allie allie in free!

Draft saved Draft deleted