1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it make it difficult to root for Kobe ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, May 21, 2009.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

looking for an honest, open debate, my man. no playin'.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe you.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fine. done.

glad i need to convince you. this surely is an open exchange of thoughts, isn't it, george?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the shit here is just wearing me out. have at it. control threads, thoughts and everything else.

5. Flying Headbutt

Like I've told Scribe Pharisee, if you don't like it here, leave. No one makes you post here a hundred times a day.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kobe is a great player, I won't root against him, but I won't root for him either. He's just too fake. I remember a playoff game where he rushed into the locker room, you could see him looking for the camera and picked up a Sprite (label properly aligned for maxim readibilty) and took a swig.
    Maybe its his estranged relationship with his folks or a lack of a hometown or college to identify with - but I'll take LeBron and Akron any day.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, chief, you are no better than scribepharisee, not the other way around.

i asked an honest question and wanted an honest discussion.

does evidence not suggest kobe bent a woman over a chair and fucked her in the ass against her wishes?

i believe, and excuse me if i'm wrong, the western conference finals were taking place when i posted said thread.

yet you come on and act much like an asshole and attempt to shut down the thought and the thread, which was relevant and based in fact.

go ahead and compare me to yawn if that makes you hard, but you shut down a thread because either A: you disagreed with the point or B: you have a hard-on for power.

which is it?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm going to guess it's the hard-on.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Put him on skates, hand him a stick, show me he can play a winter sport with some difficulty involved ... then we'll talk.

10. Flying Headbutt

What's been shut down? You're still posting on this thread. People can still reply. I haven't done shit on here.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Kobe is tough to root for because he's a disingenuous jerk. He often says one thing and does another. He changes his message depending on the audience he is trying to connect with, and none of it comes across as having a bit of integrity.

He literally has two personalities, switching between them at will in order to get his point across. Sometimes, he's just trying to stir it up, get under his opponents' skin.

Other times, he's trying to sell what a great guy he is, and he wonders why everyone else doesn't see what a great guy he is. He doesn't realize that no one is fooled by his bullcrap.

Jordan at least managed to keep his indiscretions - aside from gambling - secret, and had a nice marketing machine to keep his image up.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh, so this is a kinder, gentler SportsJournalists.com, eh? good for you guys. good for not deleting a thread that is based with a relevant thought at a relevant time.

and thank you, headbutt, for furthing that discussion. i've always been able to count on you for bias-free input.

good night, and boon-ga, boon-ga, bitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted