1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does homeschooling violate liberal values?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fair enough. You said average.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My daughter told me she did not like peanut butter, so I made her eat it because I like it. It took five days and four jars of Skippy, but she says she likes peanut butter now. She also cries more.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't we have a homeschooling thread once a month, or so?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tebow turned out fine.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

By the terms of the argument made in that article, yes, homeschooling violates a fundamental tenet of progressivism, which is to place the interests of society at par with the interests of the individual.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We don't know that yet. He needs a full training camp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Stop being an independent thinker about education and send your kid to the same massive educational complex that everyone else does, so he can learn to be independent.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you want to homeschool, that's great. But don't call the paper bitching about how homeschool basketball should be covered just like the high schools.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Farming beets would be a nice way to make a living.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seems like it, yeah. Far more home-schooling discussion than actual home-schooling, that's for sure.

I'm personally against home-schooling because if we home-schooled, the only soccer mom I'd see strutting around the playground in tank-tops and new boobs would be (theoretically) my wife, who has neither.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Deskslave accidentally gets to the point. Liberals don't want non-liberals to have any influence over their children. If that means "thoughtfully" examining the role of homeschooling and the evil people who participate in it, well that's a public service.

It takes a village to raise a Liberal Army.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The most important thing to remember is to kill Mose before he kills you.

Draft saved Draft deleted