1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does he still have enough chest hair to show off?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 3, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

David Lee Roth is indeed reunited with Van Halen, and they plan a tour. I'm not holding my breath.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070203/ap_on_en_mu/people_van_halen

And wow, Wolfgang, the new bassist, is 15. Wonder if he'd be breaking labor laws at some of the stops.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I guess he spent all the money from the radio gig already.

3. dooley_womack1

I heard that rivaled the Chevy Chase talk show among the things that never should have seemed like a good idea at the time.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Right along with the Magic Johnson talk show.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Forget chest hair. Has he been in touch with Sy Sperling lately?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And I believe he's only played bass for a couple of months. Apparently Michael Anthony was fired for either wanting to play the occasional live gig with Sammy or for criticizing Eddie during the last tour:

"I hate to talk smack about anyone in the band or whatever, but, y'know, Eddie, you know, he's still doing a bit of drinking and everything. There were nights where it was kind of like a rollercoaster, up or down, and myself, I would have liked to have seen him totally clean up if we were gonna take this further."

This will not end well, I'm afraid.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

20 years later, they still can't figure out who the fuck they want as their lead singer. Didn't they do a reunion tour with Hagar like two years ago? Can't wait for the reunion with the Extreme guy in 2010 with Roth playing the triangle.

8. dooley_womack1

It won't begin or middle well, either.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK but only if they play "Kid Ego."

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Van Halen is: David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony. End of story.

No Hagar, no Gary Cherone or whatever his name is and Wolfgang, unlike Jason Bonham when he did stuff with Plant and Page, should finish HIGH SCHOOL first.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Magic Johnson should be the lead singer and bass player. :D :D

12. We should just be thankful there's not a new Van Halen reality show where we the viewers get to pick the new lead singer.

Draft saved Draft deleted