1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does he have to put her on the ticket to win?- Updated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 1, 2008.

?

Does he have to put her on the ticket to win?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    83.1%
  3. Moot point - he won't win either way.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Re: Does he have to put her on the ticket to win?

Why do you hate America, spaceman?

2. joe

joe Active Member

I don't understand the fascination with Wesley Clark. Despite being an ex-general, the guy is a dud.

I don't know if Obama can win without Hillary. After reading the story that Doc linked in another thread and seeing some female Hillary supporters on the NBC Nightly News tonight, I think a lot of them will vote for McCain out of spite. And that's just sad.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

There are people who would vote for McCain out of spite if Clinton wins the nomination. Even if Obama were the veep candidate.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just want to point out that if the democrats picked their nominee the same way the Republicans did, Obama would have had it sewn up months ago and none of this controversy would be going on.

Just wanted to point that out... :D

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would he? I mean, he did lose California, Ohio and Pennsylania, and there was some debate as to who won Texas. Wouldn't it have still been a close race?

6. Mizzougrad96

I've read in several places that he would have had it wrapped up in March...

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've read in other places that Hillary would have, because of all the big states she won in the popular vote up to then — California, Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Mass., etc. Make those monster states winner-take-all and Obama's probably out by Penn.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Obama actually wound up with more delegates in Texas than Clinton did. The national media stopped following what was going on after the primary here and didn't follow the caucuses that followed (yes, Texas holds both a primary and a caucus). The caucuses put Obama over the top.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yes, but if the primary was winner-take-all (remember, that was the GOP-style scenario introduced by Mizzougrad), then Hillary takes all those primary delegates instead of splitting them almost 50-50. I don't know if GOP caucuses were winner-take-all; it may have depended on the state.

10. Armchair_QB

I know. But Texas has a two-part system so you'd have to include the primary and the caucuses. Under that scenario Obama wins and gets all the delegates.

11. Mizzougrad96

I keep hearing people saying that Bill Clinton didn't have it wrapped up until June in 1992. Is that true?

I just remember him beating Tsongas, who bowed out early and Jerry Brown hung around for awhile, but nobody paid much attention to him.

12. Armchair_QB

Brown pretty much did what Hillary is doing now. Hung around and hoped for a miracle.

Draft saved Draft deleted