1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does he have to put her on the ticket to win?- Updated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 1, 2008.

?

Does he have to put her on the ticket to win?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    83.1%
  3. Moot point - he won't win either way.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

To each his/her own.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but where's the part of the Constitution that says I lose my rights of free speech because I voted for a president who hasn't exactly turned out to be Abe Lincoln?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The part that the voices in Simon's head keep telling him about.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, maybe one of these days the democrats won't completely shit the bed in a presidential election and we can experience the sheer bliss of having a democrat in power again.

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

(cocking firing pin) The second amendment, bitch!

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

1972: Dems nominate McGovern, the one candidate guaranteed to lose 48 states.
    1980: Dems are fond of characterizing Ronald Reagan as an old, befuddled, B-list actor. What, then, does that make Jimmy Carter?
    1984: Dems nominate Walter Mondale, who loses one more state than McGovern did.
    1988: Dems nominate Dukakis, the first of a series of Cigar Store wooden Indians.
    2000: Al Gore. Would have won had he carried his home state. Quit blaming Florida. Also, see wooden Indians.
    2004: John Kerry. Wooden Indian.

Complain all you want about the GOP. Get yourself someone who can win.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're real brave when you're behind a keyboard ... might be different face to face.

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Might not. Tomorrow, near the flag pole, 3 p.m. Be there.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just admit your role in the bloodshed and shut up.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Your absolutely right. I forced my cousin to go into the military and almost have his leg blown off by a roadside bomb. I held a gun to his head and forced him back into duty when he was healthy again. I made him want to fight for what he believed in. I forced him to stand alongside his platoonmates, some who died, simply because I am a selfish person. I made him go overseas to the land of the Flintstones just so he could protect your ass back here. I made him sacrifice himself up for you and all the other naysayers, just so I could have the pleasure of telling you to SHUT THE FUCK UP on this message board at 1:17 a.m. on Friday, June 6, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted