1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does he even think about what he's reading?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Nov 29, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My cable company has the NFL Network. Except my cable company (Comcast) is in violation of the NFL Network contract and instead of having it on a basic tier, they have it on a special sports tier that costs an extra $10 a month that I won't pay.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Web site being ...?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Full page ad on the back of the Post says go to nfl.com/liive tonight, where an exclusive live broadcast covers tonight's game from all angles, anchored by a live, originally produced video program with live game look-ins, complimented by highlights, studio analysis, and exciting interactive applications.

So actually, it sounds like a half-assed, garbage setup designed to piss off fans even more so that they bitch to their cable companies that the NFL took the games off network TV and put it on a channel only a moran would know most people won't get.

Hasn't anyone fucking paid attention to the way boxing has blossomed since putting everything on PPV and giving up on the networks?!?!

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

nfl.com/LIVE

But it isn't streaming the game, just giving highlights and shit.

Fuck the NFL, fuck the NFL Network, fuck the cable companies, and fuck the Cowboys.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

On my way out the door . . . The Establishment awaits . . .

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So much pent up frustration. :D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll take Tony Romo. You can divvy up the rest.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let that be a lesson to you, KY.

THAT's a response.

Anywhoo, I dibs Marion Barber III...

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So I can take T.O.?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I signed up for NFL network yesterday (part of a $7/month add-on on my system).

I'll be canceling it tomorrow.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THAT'S awesome.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have become too world weary to consider giving a shit even an ounce when corporate behemoths like cable companies and the NFL have these pissing matches.

Draft saved Draft deleted