1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Eric Lindros belong in the HHOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 8, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Really? I had heard the story from a source who was always right. What's the real story, then?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's pretty funny. I heard lindros had quite the reputation with his teammates' wives, and that he was basically sat down and all but threatened that that shit didn't fly when he got to TO.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Lindros is hot. Not as hot as he was when he was 18, mind you, but still amazingly attractive for a pro athlete.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Going back to the days of Gary Leeman and Al Iafrate's old lady.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's another opinion

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMzImZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcyMTk1ODQmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nice piece.

Except for the last paragraph.

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

I'm not suggesting Lindros wasn't playing with Desjardins wife, but the mob justice yoru source is
    I guess I can't refute the mob justice story with real facts, so if it is true, it's as story that has remained as secretive as the second shooter in Dallas.
    What I can suggest is there is no way something like that - a bunch of players - AHLers no less - attacking the team's most prominent player on the eve of a Stanley Cup Game 7 - would remain a hushed up secret. Things like that get out, especially with that many people involved.

Here's the thing with conspiracy theories: They fail to take into account human ego and the desire to increase one's stature by revealing "inside" information.
    Hell, we're journalists. Half the stuff we get is because someone can't keep their mouth shut.
    Even Deep Throat came clean eventually.

So did the Flyers and Phantoms punch the shit out of Lindros one day at a practice?
    Maybe.
    And maybe the lunar landing was filmed in Burbank.

But I doubt it.

8. Lindros gets a no from me for the simple fact that he tried to act cool and ask my wife out at a bar (around Lake Muskoka) and acted like a scorned punk when she said get lost. He found out quickly that family is stronger than a few glitzy friends.

9. Were you sitting next to her at the time?

"We'd like to dance with your dates."

10. nobody gives a shit how eric lindros supposedly treated your wife. ty cobb and the juice are hall of famers last time i checked, and hall status isn't dictated by out of sport actions, unless your pete rose (and for good reason), only performance.

that said, lindros is a no. eric lindros is a big reason why i started playing hockey. it's no surprise then when i say that his peak years were also the first decided to pick up the sport and pursue it. lindros and ron hextall have as much to do with my continued support and enjoyment of the sport. lindros was the most dominating player in hockey for a short span. but four seasons don't make a career, and the concussions, while tragic, are a fact of athletics.

and i also believe anyone who takes up for bob clarke has a special place in hell reserved for them.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted