1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Eric Lindros belong in the HHOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

On your first point - Scott Stevens actually described Eric Lindros as the one player in the league he could not handle physically. Oh, and Lindros was a 19-year-old rookie at the time.

On your second point - who cares? All that means is that Lindros was a force from day 1 and had he not been slowed by brain injuries, the gap in their numbers would have been massive. And I'm as big a Neely fan as there is.

2. Neely's case is undermined by the relatively useless time he played in Vancouver.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why not?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Leaving Lindros out because didn't live up to how hyped he was coming into the league would be wrong. Course I'm biased. Look at my side sig!

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Let's look at Lindros' resume:

Was on the 1991 Canada Cup winning team.

Won an OHL Championship and a Memorial Cup.

Won a NHL MVP.

In 760 NHL games, he compiled 372 goals, 493 assists, 865 points and 1,398 penalty minutes.

8. sportschick

Wasn't he on a medal-winning Olympic team too? More of a bit player than the year they were 4th, obviously.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clarke named him Captain of the 1998 Nagano team that finished without medaling.

10. sportschick

I think he played on the 2002 team as well. He was on one after the Nagano debacle.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You are correct.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/2002/stats/BC-OLY-STAT-M-MENCAN-R/

It's the Hockey Hall Of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame. I think Lindros' international and junior hockey success has to be factored in when discussing his candidacy. Also, his contributions to the NHLPA need to be heavily considered.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

That's funny.

Completely untrue. But funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted