1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Eric Lindros belong in the HHOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 8, 2007.

1. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Degenerative hip problem, as I recall.

2. I also seem to recall LeClair being the more valuable player on those Flyers teams than Lindros.

3. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Five years ago, I'd have said no way. I still say no, but it's less automatic than I would have thought. He's the Albert Belle of hockey, without the violence towards trick-or-treaters.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

1000% wrong.
    Lindros was dominate when healthy in the mid nineties. I don't know if he is hall worthy though. I think the hall has turned in to hall of very good instead of for the absolute elite.

5. I might be b/c I'm not a hockey fanatic, but the key phrase in your post was "when healthy." LeClair may not have been as dominant, but he was reliable and he was clutch.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and he was a hell of a lot better when Lindros was playing.
    People forget how good Lindros was because of what dicks his family were.

7. Not me. I was glad, at least initially, that his family members were dicks because that's what brought him to Philly. I know they got into with Clarke there at the end but he was just as much as a dick by then.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess you become a product of your enviroment.
    You seem closer to it then me. What was he like at the end?

9. Oh, I meant Clarke was just as much as an overbearing dick by then as the family members were ... Lindros was a lot like McNabb is when his parents stick their feet in their mouths. He defends them but tries to stay out of it.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Clarke is a complete asshole. From what I hear Lindros was a good teammate

11. Yeah, unfortunately, Philly fans aren't very supportive of their superstars - McNabb, Barkley, Lindros, Schmidt.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Obviously.

Lindros was hardly what most Philly fans try to make him out to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted