1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Damon Allen belong in the Football Hall of Fame? Marino says no Moon, yes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 1, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're coming to the Centre of the Universe in Decembre, right?

A pint of Keith's says Hamilton takes one of those two.

And, btw, there's only ONE Labour Day Classic in this country--Argos at Hamilton.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

implied

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Instead of 'inferred?' Yeah, I guess so. But in any case, it was brutal. Theismann had absolutely no evidence that Williams was taking anything stronger and when Stellick asked him 'why do you think he is?' Theismann's response was, I'm pretty sure verbatim, "you don't know that he's not, do you?" I am completely indifferent to the Argos and Williams, but that pissed me off.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I am coming to Toronto in Early December and you're on. A pint of Keiths says Edmonton sweeps the Ti-Cats. Their biggest mistake was firing Greg Marshalls and replacing him with Lancaster. At least they were showing improvement with Marshalls, but they've been doing nothing but circling the drain under Lancaster. And until the argos and ti-cats put three days between their home and home set, the series dosen't hold a candle to the Battle of Alberta. I would even venture to say the Winnipeg and Sask series has been more exciting in past years due to Westwood and his big mouth.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the Ticats lose again 11-9 on a 47 yard field goal by LaPrefontaine with 20 seconds to go.

Fucking Maas couldn't hit a receiver if his life depended on it.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nice tribute to Damon Allen, although it was the Argos' defence that won this game.

"To this organization and all the citizens of Canada, thank you for allowing my brother to play the game that he loves. Thank you for allowing him to make a living. But more importantly, thank you for allowing him to make a life, one that he enjoys and one that he enjoys in this wonderful country.

"Damon, your efforts and your great achievements will be written in indelible ink for perpetuity. But what you have done and what you have become as a young man, a father, a brother, a husband will live in our hearts forever.'' -- Marcus Allen

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1157838637372&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064&t=TS_Home

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Marcus left out 'grandfather.'

Draft saved Draft deleted