1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Damon Allen belong in the Football Hall of Fame? Marino says no Moon, yes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Re: Does Damon Allen belong in the Football Hall of Fame? Marino says no Moon,

"Time for Wrestling at the Chase! Call a friend!"

A buddy of mine was sitting at home one day when he got a call from a friend (not me), telling him "Wrestling at the Chase" was on TV. Behold the power of TV advertising.

2. Even by smug-Canadian standards, JR is a real piece of work.

3. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

We get it: Americans don't respect the CFL and/or don't know what they're talking about. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is for NFLers only. Those points were made how many pages ago? And this whole debate degenerated into stupidity (sigh) seven or eight pages ago.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, I was talking about the passing game because this thread began with a discussion of Allen, a quarterback. The rules of the game as compared to the NFL favor quarterbacks, which has helped to boost his numbers.

And JR, it is significantly inferior talent. Not awful or meaningless, but definitely inferior.

Would Allen have gotten his NFL shot if he came up now as opposed to 22 years ago? Yes. Would he have been a star? Maybe, but he'd have to do it against much better athletes with rules that make things a good bit more difficult for him.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And your point is ... ?

Do you want us to stop now, sir?

6. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I own that album. On vinyl.

Carry on.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And why am I not surprised?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Does Damon Allen belong in the Football Hall of Fame? Marino says no Moon,

I gotta find this book:

[​IMG]

God, Sam Muchnick was a munchkin (started out as a sports writer). The wrestler is either Black Angus or King Kong Brody. Larry Matysik was the play-by-play guy; Mickey Garagiola was the analyst.

11. rgd

rgd Guest

It's anchor-MAN, not anchor-WOMAN!

12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

That wrestler is Bruiser/King King Brody, tragically murdered in Puerto Rico.

Draft saved Draft deleted