1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Charlie Weis get fired or forced to quit?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 30, 2008.

?

Simple question. Does Charlie Weis get fired or forced to quit?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2008.
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The problem with this analogy is NC State has a QB that can win them ball games. The kid was a freshman this year (true frosh too I think) who can run around and throw and cause problems. Jimmy Clausen takes a limo to the college football HOF.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

No joke - Notre Dame could go 4-8, 5-7 next year. Beat both Washingtons, Nevada and either Michigan or Purdue.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Charlie Weis reminds me of Buzz from Home Alone, only dumber and less charming.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"KEVIN!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PROGRAM!!!"

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

I bow in your general direction.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

... with the assist to PopeDirkBenedict. Time of the goal...

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks it's a great deal to give a coach a 10-year-contract is a buffoon.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Thing is, Weis supposedly has had all these great recruiting classes. If you're the admin you haven to hope that after winning 3-games and then 6-games, he can turn it around and win 9-10 in 20-09. Or do you just cut bait now and take the $20 mil dollar hit? I think Ol' Charlie has one more year left.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I knew I liked Headbutt for some reason. :)

I think Russell Wilson is a redshirt freshman. But his 226 passes without an interception is not only the school record, but also the nation's longest current streak.

Tom O'Brien is looking better and better for staying the cause, giving Wilson a chance and growing with a young football program instead of making excuses, going with an overly heavy JUCO signing class or - worse - acting and preening like Chuck Amato.

NCSU is in better shape than Notre Dame. Seriously.

10. If Charlie Weis could coach the running game, his team would be completely different. That's the bottom line. They can't run. And it changes everything. Clausen is the face of the program, but I watched that game last night. They can't convert 3rd-and-1 over and over again. No one has any reason to respect their running game. That puts the QB in an untenable position.

11. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Nevada will beat ND if Weis is still there. A coach who can lose to Syracuse this year and nearly to SDSU will find it a whole lot tougher against Nevada, and you know his kids won't be motivated because they never are.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

ND won't beat Michigan next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted