1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does "Bragging Rights" Mean Anything To You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Over rivals weekend it seemed like countless announcers talked about
    bragging rights. Just never meant a lot to me. What say you?

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

It's disappointing, but if the biggest problem is whether my team won a game then I must lead a charmed life. This weekend, I was definitely more stressed and frustrated over working retail on Black Friday than a football game.

Life goes on, I still have to go to work, I still have bills to pay.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's fun to vent a lot of hatred over a meaningless football game for four hours a year. Somewhat cleansing.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I don't know.

Just saw some fluff piece from Wojo on ESPNU (during Cowherd's show) talking about Alabama-Auburn and that it was more important than life itself.

All it really did was make the fans of the state of Alabama look like a bunch of idiots with no perspective.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Bragging rights meant more to me in college. Didn't get to do it a lot because my teams constantly lost in big games. My favorite call came in the summer of 2002. Sox lost to the Yankees 20-2 or something like that the night before; I got home from work and my mom said "Your friend Sal called. He wanted me to tell you 1918."
    Now it's fun when a Boston teams beats a team from New York in a big game so I can text my college buddy something (He does the same when a NY teams beats a Boston one), but it doesn't make or break my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted