1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Bautista stand a chance at the AL MVP?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Sep 17, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is the link I was using:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2010-batting-leaders.shtml

Cano is, as of this timestamp, listed at 10th, and Bautista is not listed.

2. RickStain

I think the fact that it upsets you so much that I think you are unintelligent is a pretty darn good sign that I hit a nerve.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the board you're looking for is here:
    http://www.4chan.org/

I thought the discussion was about the AL MVP and Bautista, not the AL MVP, Bautista and some pissing match you have with others.

4. RickStain

Are you new here? If we took out the pissing matches, there'd be about six posts a day.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes but they have the same OBP. So at the very least, he is a hair behind the top 10, if not actually in the top 10. It is quite easy to look that up.

It is also easy to note that Bautista is, at the very least, a competent fielder at multiple positions, and nowhere near a negative factor, either by watching Jays games or paying attention to Jays stories. You, clearly, have done neither, and have been called out for it on this thread. Very unintelligent.

And you haven't hit a nerve. You've just made me laugh. You are a substandard writer so poor in his chosen field that you have to work at McDonald's to make ends meet. That you have the temerity to call anyone else unintelligent is hilarious. I'm barely in the field and my list of accomplishments would dwarf yours. Anytime you want to compare, Ricky, you let me know.

Until then, remember: Winners eat and work at Wendy's.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

He just hit 49 against Josh Beckett.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

He also made an error, which is to be expected from such a poor defender.

8. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

He should of let Escobar get that ball, but honestly I don't believe it should of been an error. Overbay couldn't keep his foot on the bag, I know it's because the off throw of Bautista.

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the ruling on that.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yes, Texas has a great lineup. Ballpark doesn't hurt.

But when it comes to value, Josh Hamilton is hard to beat due to the contributions he made that propeled the Rangers to the top of the AL West. All five of his tools helped the Rangers win.

On top of that, he's going to win the batting title and leads the league in SLG, OPS and total bases. He will drive in 100 runs before the season is out (he's probably going to return next week).

I think it's his to lose.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I know the Red Sox are out of it, too, but does Adrian Beltre belong in this discussion?

11. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

That's funny you mention that Elliotte, I was about to pose the same question. I'm watching the Jays game right now, and Beltre hit his 74th extra-base hit tonight, he has 28 home runs, 98 RBI, and he has 80 runs, while batting .330. He's also a gold glove candidate at third base.

If he finishes strong he should get some votes. He's definitely the MVP for the Red Sox.

12. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

They changed the call on Bautista, it's now a single by McDonald and they remove the error from Jose. Just like I said they'll probably do.

Draft saved Draft deleted