1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone want a subscription to my paper?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Mar 27, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The first part made me laugh if that is any consolation.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Do you offer home delivery (not by mail) outside your circulation area? ;D

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Ditto here, except they had a system that dialed five numbers at a time and the first to pick up was the "lucky" winner.

So it's a high school football Friday night, about 8:45. All at once, five phones ring. "Little 10 Conference is done?"

Only one of us gets an answer. He hangs up, tells us about it ... as we're laughing it off, five more phones ring. "Little 10 Conference is done?" same deal.

They eventually stopped calling us and called features.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The days of having the circulation department calling the office asking if someone wants to subscribe should be long gone due to "Do Not Call" lists... unless of course someone forgot to put the newsroom phone numbers on the list. :)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been called repeatedly by the rag here in my town, and all of those calls came while I was working for said rag. Since leaving the paper? Not one call.

That's the solution for the rest of you "loosers." :D

Draft saved Draft deleted