1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone use Ebyline.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Mar 21, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's a site where you can pitch stories to publishers and also sell your stories to publishers. Interesting concept, but I have never heard of it until today. Does anyone use it? Has anyone even heard of it?

2. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

I'm enrolled in ebyline, but haven't used it yet, partly because I haven't really had the time to figure out how to properly pitch stories. It's not an easy process from what I can tell, and I've felt that if publications liked my pitch enough they'd just staff the story themselves. I'm not really sure what to make of them. They're run by very reputable people, but if I didn't know that I'd wonder after getting numerous solicitations for paid webinars (as in you have to pay to participate). BTW, they partnered last year with Sports Media Exchange, which I know to be very reputable.
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I tried a similar version of this a few years ago. I can't remember the name of the site. You had to take all these tests before you were eligible and you would bid for writing jobs. It was a complete joke.
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

With all the effort it requires for test taking, signing up for the site and pitching stories, one would think it would be easier to just pitch the story direct.
Draft saved Draft deleted