1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the country?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Obviously, I want nothing more than for Missouri to win tonight and go on to win the title...

But if this holds and we have the Tigers vs. The Mountaineers in the title game, I'm curious how many people think these are actually the two best teams in the country.

Missouri is the No. 1 team in the country and they're an underdog tonight at a neutral site.

Do you think West Virginia would be favored against LSU or USC? I don't...

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't think they're the best two teams in the country, but I think, as of now, they've earned the right to play in that game.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

No. Hawaii deserves part of this discussion at the very least.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Re: Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the count

Same LSU that's losing at halftime to Tennessee? Or some super team created in somebody's mind?

Same USC that lost to Stanford? Or the one in Cowherd's wet dreams?

I think West Virginia would have a pretty good chance of beating anybody if it does not turn over the ball. I see no reason Missouri couldn't play with those teams, either.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Re: Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the count

I like offense, so I'd like to see the game.

6. BBJones

BBJones Guest

There are no two best teams in the country. They are the two that, if Missouri wins tonight, have played themselves into position to play for a mythical championship.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I think we'll learn tonight that Missouri isn't even the best team in the Big 12, but then again, this season has left me looking like a fool more than once...

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If all the other teams that are supposedly better hadn't shit their pants, it wouldn't be an argument.

Actually, it still isn't. If Mizzou and West Virginia wins, then yeah they are the two best.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Everyone wants to doubt Missouri, Kansas and others because, face it, they aren't supposed to be top 5 teams.

That's the only thing holding them back. Prejudice.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Um, no. In part because the caliber of teams they have played are not the best.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a Pythagorean best team. If Mizzou and West Virginia win, there are utterly no doubts. And the line is based getting the most betting action, not the relative merits of the teams. And you'll get the most action by making the team with the better history and an earlier victory over the opponent the favorite by a margin that will make those people think, "That's it? OU will cover that in their sleep."

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

prejudice? really? prejudice?

Draft saved Draft deleted