1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone still think Manning is better than Brady?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 18, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Publicly

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Idiot kicker got liquored up," though he was right.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered Jeff Saturday being asked about the "protection problems" comment and saying something like, "Well, he was right..."

I can't fault him at all on the "idiot kicker" comment.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still hear that brought up from time to time. But assuming the media wants honest answers to the questions it asks, I'm a little curious what the "correct" answer is that Manning should have given. He was sacked 17 times all season and then went down 5 times in that game (and was pressured numerous other times). Asked about the blitzing that caused some of these problems, his answer should have been . . . what exactly?

I mean, if you asked Roger Staubach after SB XIII against the Steelers, "Hey Rog, what happened on that potential game-tying touchdown pass that fell incomplete in the third quarter?" what would his answer be?

"Well . . . uh . . . Jackie Smi . . . uh . . . we had some receiving problems?"

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Vanderjagt struck a nerve.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wish he could have struck a straight kick in the playoffs. Definitely one and possibly two fewer one-and-dones on the ole Manning resume.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And the breakdowns were ugly. The drive before the fumble by Bettis, Porter came in untouched twice for sacks. Manning had no chance at all and that seemed to lock up the game for Pittsburgh.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand not throwing teammates under the bus, but you can't bitch about athletes not saying anything interesting and then dislike a guy because he's honest. His protection DID suck, and I bet every lineman who played in that game would agree. Like all QBs, Peyton is competitive as hell, and he might do/say some things that aren't nice now and then. Tough shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted