1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone have Verizon and an EnV, a Voyager or a Venus?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's about what my contacts list looks like, too; just 91 instead of about 300. About half are work-related and family. And I only ever call about 12-15 people -- five on a regular basis.

I think the EnV comes in orange, too, but I'm not sure why anyone would want a phone like that.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, the orange and the green aren't cute. If I got the EnV it would be the silver.

But the pink Venus is super cute. :D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Mine's silver. I don't think it's "super cute," but I've been able to deal with that.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

EnV would be the best choice, IMO. Good for texting, big enough to rest on the crook of your shoulder when you're multi-tasking, etc. Verizon is pretty good about not dropping calls -- even in more rural areas (I was in southern Vermont a couple of days ago and my phone worked perfectly.)
    VZ Navigator is an extra feature with any of the new phones, but it'll be an extra charge (I BELIEVE is it 10 dollars a month), but if you get the premium data package, you can get unlimited text messaging to Verizon (and a certain number to other carriers, but I can't remember the actual number -- I think it's 1500), unlimited use of VZ Nav, V Cast (if you want it), etc.
    The EnV would be the perfect choice. Anything else, PM me.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

my wife has the orange enV. so there.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've had the Motorola Q for over a year and love it. I get multiple e-mail accounts, the internet and good signals from Verizon. The internet is broadband so you cab get scores and articles anywhere, unlike the stupid iphone which is only Wifi. The Q is a QWERTY keyboard.
    The only drawback, besides the cost of unlimited internet, is the Microsoft mobile web browser hasn't been updated since I got the phone and some sites are impossible to get without an updated browser.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

budcrew, I thought it was unlimited texting to all carriers.

That's the premium plan, which is what I'd need for the VZNavigator and all that. It's $99.99 a month for 900 minutes, but i get 15 percent off through my job.

If I go Verizon, that's the plan I'd go with.

'yab, I had heard bad reviews from three other people on the Q. I'm glad at least SOMEONE likes it. :D

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yeah, that's right. I'm thinking of one of the older plans they had. Now they've got the plans that gives unlimited texting to anybody.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

OK, this is all great advice. When my current T-Mobile plan expires in July I am looking at Verizon as well.

I am pretty much set on the enV - including the navigation and all the good stuff.

What I am wondering is do they offer specials on getting a new cell phone with the premium package and an aircard or whatever they are called for my laptop? Are there special bundles to keep the price reasonable, or will I be paying the $200 to buy the phone, $99.99 a month for that premium plan, another $200 for an air card along with a separate $60 a month for the aircard service?
    Not sure if I will be able to afford paying $200 or more a month for the phone and the laptop card, but they will likely be my only way of communicating with the world if I move across country like I'm hoping for.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I guess VZW has a deal now where you can get an air card for free with a new two-year contract, which you'd be getting when you switch carriers. The access is $60 a month for it, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted