1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does alcohol turn you off from going to a game?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by enigami, Oct 10, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I went to a minor league baseball game with a group of people, and we all had a beer or two, at least the ones of age. But 10 or 15 rows in front of us, in an empty section of a bad minor-league team fighting through a rain storm, was yelling at the Yankees' players, in particular, Shelley Duncan. We could tell he wasn't on his first, second, third or fourth beer, and he began yelling at Duncan when he took the field, "Hey, Shelley, that's a nice name. What are you, a girl?" Well, the joker kept up with this the whole game. Duncan got an infield single, and he offered another ridiculous insult.

Finally, my buddy yells, "Hey, moron. He's a professional athlete, who'll be in the big leagues in three years (and he is), and you're just an old, drunk guy in a garbage back. Why don't you just shut the hell up?"

And he did.

2. I agree. I always wanted to see the game (same goes for concerts). Why waste that experience because you're too drunk to appreciate the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted