1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dodgers owners McCourts to separate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize it's being discussed on the baseball thread - but since I'm not starting a new thread, thought I'd give this one a bump.

So now McCourt fires his wife as CEO of the team. I sure hope both have good lawyers because I don't see how McCourt can argue that his wife wasn't doing a good job and this is retaliation. I don't know if either can afford to buy the other one out.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It's been reported all week that they both have some of the most prominent lawyers around. Both had their lawyers in tow at the games at Dodger Stadium. And, both are trying to secure teams of investors to buy out the other.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I gather there was no pre-nup or whichever party is able to secure more dollars to offer the other "wins?"

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Nothing official on that. I'll undoubtedly come out in court. Meanwhile, the Dodgers will be held hostage in terms of free agents and other signings.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

As the Padres were with the Moores' divorce. Could get very ugly for those fans who Think Blue in a year or two.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This will cast a negative aura over the Dodgers for at least three years. [/crossthread]

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Looks like the Dodgers will continue to justify my low expectations for them.

This will be a fascinating story to watch, at the very least.

I'm sure Tommy Lasorda is wondering whose ass he should be kissing.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Think Blue Balls.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well done. And didn't I read somewhere that Sandy Koufax sat with Jamie for at least one of the NLCS games.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, which one gets Manny?

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

How do you fire someone who owns 50% of the team?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Frank probably has the board stacked, but I'm just guessing. How else do you get rid of a CEO?

Draft saved Draft deleted