1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor: Etta James' health fading quickly

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57344333-10391698/at-last-singer-etta-james-is-terminally-ill/

Sad, sad news. Her last album was recorded fewer than three years ago and she still sounded great.

My thoughts to her and her family.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I get that it's her signature song, but the url address seems so wrong when you read it the other way.

EDIT: At least the headline puts "At Last" in quotes

3. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

Saw her in concert about 3 years ago. She sat in a chair, but sounded great. And her band SMOKED! Sad to hear.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I love Etta James. And it goes way beyond "At Last." Powerful voice, filled with emotion.

She's also crazy as anything, although I don't put her threatening to "whup" Beyonce when she sang "At Last" at Clinton's Inaugural Ball, in that category.

Sorry to hear this news.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Obama's.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Had no idea she was still alive. As a soul singer from the 1960s, she's beaten the odds making it this far.

Draft saved Draft deleted