1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DocTalk

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DocTalk, Jan 27, 2007.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Fellow board members,

After years of providing medical information, background and support at a variety of sporting events from World Cup to the Olympics, it’s time to expand my availability.

Using www.mddirect.org as a portal, specific medical questions for your story research or background will be answered via email or phone in a timely fashion. There will be no charge for this service, though linking back to www.mddirect.org would be appreciated.

Immediate access can be arranged by subscription and onsite presence for specific events can also be arranged.

Please visit www.mddirect.org for more information.

Thanks,

Dr. Ben

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Re: DocTalk at your service

Folks, I highly recommend Dr. Ben.

Dude knows his stuff.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I second it. I've gone to him via PMs for random questions, and he's always stepped up big on threads. Use him to your advantage, and your paper's advantage.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I third it. Dr. Ben is beyond knowledgable regarding a variety of medical issues.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Ditto.
    Dr. Wedro is a tremendous source and resource.
    Everytime I see his name, I remember the time he was a source on a story for us. It's an abstract connection, but one nonetheless.

Picabo Street took an awful fall in the Olympics and was taken away by ambulance.
    So, with me running the show b/c all the big editors at the time were at the Olympics, we ran a headline:

Picabo, ICU

Boy, did I get it the next morning. Lesson learned.
    Funny thing, people that I worked with still remember that and I kind of smile remembering it.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

sorry, that was great.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's a great-looking website as well.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I prefer Dr. Quinn.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, he's no John D Villarreal, but I guess he'll do. :D

Count this as another testimonial....When you get an opinion from this Doc, you know you don't need a second opinion. He's a straight-talker who knows his stuff...and a very cool guy as well.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

DocTalk has given me background for stories. His base of medical knowledge is as wide-ranging as you'll find among doctors.

Good luck with your endeavor, Ben!

11. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

This is a great headline.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I know. I know. I know.
    But, the 200-or-so phone calls and the one big one to the publisher didn't think so.

Draft saved Draft deleted