1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Your Recline Your Seat On Airplane?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 31, 2007.

?

If there is person sitting behind you do you still recline your seat?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Psy Ops is a much better way to go when wanting to get back at someone.

You can learn a lot from pitchers after have purposely beaned a batter. They never admit to it and are very good at explaining that one got away.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu is a good book to read for these situations.

A friend of mine told me of a trick he uses. When they are coming to get trash he accidently spills a bit of left over coffer on person in front as he extends his arm into isle to put cup in back. That is one that takes a lot of practice - not for everyone.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I missed that chapter in The Art of War.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was an updated chapter for the paperback release.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You probably read a copy with bad translation. Its covered in Principle of Surprise chapter :

All warfare is based on deception. [1:18]

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. [1:19]

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. [1:20]

The spot where we intend to fight must not be made known; for then the enemy will have to prepare against a possible attack at several different points; and his forces being thus distributed in many directions, the numbers we shall have to face at any given point will be proportionately few. [6:16]

Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots. [11:19]

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Damn. I gotta say, I recline...but only a few inches. As a big guy (6'4, 280) I know how uncomfortable it can get. I don't mind a little recline, but I agree with those against the full recline. You do that to me and I break out the bag of dirty tricks.

6. sheos

sheos Member

If they don't want me to recline, then stop making reclining seats, damn it! Otherwise, I'm riding in comfort. I only wish the seats reclined farther back.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

If you ever get the chance to fly in business elite on a B-777, you won't have to worry about leg room. Plus, the seats recline almost flat with a let rest and you're own TV.

I flew one from LAX to ATL on July 4. Completely awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted