1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Your Recline Your Seat On Airplane?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 31, 2007.

?

If there is person sitting behind you do you still recline your seat?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't mind if people in front of me recline at all. The chair was made to do it, so feel free.

That being said, I'm one of those who not only can sleep on a plane but actually can't stay awake. If I don't recline, my head falls forward while I'm asleep causing two bad things: a stiff neck and waking up.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

:D

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Only once I've asked the person behind me if I could recline and that happened two weeks ago ...

Jennie Finch appreciated my thoughtfulness.

;D

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Now if you would have said Taryne Mowatt, I would have been impressed.

;D

6. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. if my seat goes back, i give a courtesy check behind me first, and then just recline about half way

if the seat in front of me lurches back, especially if my laptop is already out, i'm with you guys -- their flight becomes a living hell

i love when the person in front of me keeps dozing off and I just level my shoulder into the back of their seat just as they're reaching REM sleep

"Oh, excuse me."
    "Oops, sorry - close quarters."
    "Wow, I think I separated my shoulder."

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Nothing ruins a flight with my mother faster than the person in front of her reclining. My mom, who is generally a very nice person, can be very confrontational and woe unto the recliner seated in front of her. My blood runs cold just thinking about it.

On the other hand, my dad, who has very bad knees, cannot get up from an airplane seats without yanking the seat in front of him with both hands. The person sitting in front of him, recliner or not, usually doesn't like that very much.

As for me, I only recline if there's no one behind me and only if it's an overnight flight on which I intend to sleep. I've found that those in front of me who recline don't like my constant rummaging around in the seat pocket and the constant rearranging of my many magazines and books in it. There's nothing like the spine of a good, thick book slammed repeatedly into the small of a person's back to show you mean business.

10. i wish there was a depends option in the poll...

i rarely recline my seat but if the asshole in front reclines all the back, i'm forced to at least recline just enough to be courteous to the person behind me but also have enough room to actually read/eat, etc...but yes, i'm fully on board with wanting to do evil things to the bastards who recline all the way back.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you need depends, probably should be sitting on the aisle near the rear of the plane, close to the lavs.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't fly often and have never even noticed the reclining issue, but I can guarantee the next time I do fly, I'll definitely notice. And I promise that I'll use a few of the tactics in this thread to whatever poor bastard decides to recline in front of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted