1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Your Recline Your Seat On Airplane?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 31, 2007.

?

If there is person sitting behind you do you still recline your seat?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not all the way. I'm tall, so I need a little bit of a recline.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I don't fly all that much, and I never had an issue with it until a recent flight from Chicago to NYC. Dumbshit in front of me just dropped anchor, jamming the tray into my overly ample gut. I think I responded with "yeah, that's fucking sweet," just loud enough for the dumbshit to hear.

I hate discourteous people. I know it's fucking crowded in coach, but apparently this dumb broad thought she was the only person on the plane. I liken them to the same people who insist on having conversations in the middle of high traffic areas. Talk all you fucking want... just take 5 seconds to get out of the fucking way.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you recline your seat no matter who is behind you? The airlines would not have made the seats able to recline if there weren't room.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Some airlines won't let you use them...

And I love how commercials touting reclining and leg room always show the person leaning back, but never the person behind them.. fuckabunchadesigners

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The missus and I made a last minute trip to London a few years ago and we sat in middle seats. Their coach is pretty cramped (even more for a 6'4" guy like me) and there was a 5 or so year old girl sitting in front of me. Her parents insisted that she be able to lean her seat back the whole way and I gave the patented Webster "low knee and lift" method to prevent the reclining. Her parents and I ended up getting into a pretty heated discussion. I explained to the flight attendant that I couldn't comfortably sit if she reclined back the whole way, that I was moving my knee and that I'd sit there in that position for 6 hours if I needed to. Plus, the girl was already asleep. They told me that I had to let her recline. I refused and they eventually backed off.

I am consistent -- I don't ever recline if someone is behind me and I never let the person in front of me recline.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I recline if there are children behind me and I want to sleep. The person in front of me reclining doesn't bother me a whole lot, I mean I'm terribly short, but it tends to push the try too close to my boobs.

7. Agreed - especially on flights > 2 hours. I'm 6'3", and on a lot of these flights, if I don't recline the seat a little bit, then the crossbar of the seat in front of me jams into my legs just below the knees.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The only time I will do it is if the person in front of reclines their seat. Plus, I personally don't care about the person behind me. Most likely they are not 6-5 like me and aren't trying to stuff their legs under the seat, so any extra room I can gain is huge.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm even taller, so when I get the sense the person in front of me is going to recline, I push both my knees into the back of said seat as hard as I can so the seat literally can't recline. Usually the person gets the hint and quits trying.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What's wrong with trying too close to your boobs?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If someone reclines on me I institute my 6 step plan to ruin their flight.

1- open air vent fully and point in their direction
    2 - open copy of NY Times ( NY Post will not work for this) and let top portion casually fold into their hair. Drives people nuts.
    3- wait till they dose off or take sip of coffee and drive knee into back of seat propelling them forward
    4- go to bathroom and be sure to drive inside shoulder into seat while getting up.
    5- upon return grab top of seat and push for leverage while sitting down.
    6 - when they get up push seat back and jam knee into back so that seat will no longer recline.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can you ever be too close to SC's boobs?

Draft saved Draft deleted