1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Your Recline Your Seat On Airplane?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 31, 2007.

?

If there is person sitting behind you do you still recline your seat?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Personaly I refuse to because I think it's inconsiderate of person behind me.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I don't recline because there's hardley any room already. It's nearly impossible to get to the isle when someone in front of you has their seat reclined, God forbid if you're in the middle or window seat and try to out.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wish you had been in front of me last night.
    I don't mind it if they turn around and say they are doing it so I'm prepared for the thing shoving into my knees.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

First time I've agreed with Boom on anything in a long time.

Particularly not during dinner service. Oh, wait, they don't do that any more.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

God help the poor schnook who reclines his seat in front of Boom, that's all I'm sayin. Prepare for the longest flight of your life.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I try not to, or if I do, it's slightly.. However, when some SOB just slams the seat in front of me back, I can put Boom to shame for the rest of the flight.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Bingo.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, we have:

---The 'Two-Handed Upsie-Daisy', in which you grab the seat in front of you, and rock yourself to a standing position using the ol' one-two-three-UP-we-go;

--The Newspaper Scalp Massage and Facial, in which you open your newspaper will arms fully extended, give it a few shakes, and show the reclined offender the daily headlines;

--And of course, the very tragic Violently Unconrollable Restless Leg Syndrome.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Happily, I stand corrected...

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I only recline on overnight flights ... unless I'm in first class, then it's recline all day.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As someone's who is 6'3, I despise people who recline their seats fully when sitting in front of me. And since I hate when others do it, I never do it.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Totally agree. It's claustrophobia times two.

Draft saved Draft deleted