1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Want To Be Like Jason?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FreddiePatek, May 18, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is also a great defense of one of the most obscene threadjacks in weeks.....

2. andykent

andykent Member

Precisely my point zagoshe. Thank you.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes. it's so easy to take the "fuck it, the editor will catch it" folks' opinions seriously. i don't respect idiots while i'm getting paid, why should i respect your lazy asses outside work?

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

This user is currently ignored.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck it, the editor will catch it, you hack.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Spelling mistakes are one thing. I understand they happen, and whatever. But when you can't differentiate between "inherit" or "inherent," you have bigger problems. Just my opinion.

7. zagoshe

There was one post back on page three of this thread. It made a good point, but it began with the word "I" and it was not capitalized. Then, in the next sentence, it referred to the Associated Press as ap (lower case).

That's a disgrace. I think he should be fired and whipped with wet noodles because of these egregious grammar/capitalization mistakes.

Can we get back to the discussion yet?

8. andykent

andykent Member

Apparently not zagoshe. And it was a pretty interesting discussion before the threadjack. Unfortunately, I foresee this thread being locked anytime now. Ridiculous! :-\

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You'll never believe it, but getting it knocked into your head that this shit matters is more important than anything else YOU had to say on this thread.

10. andykent

andykent Member

... and the beat goes on.

Anyone out there have any new revelations on the actual topic of this thread? ???

11. zagoshe

IT HAS BEEN SO MOTHERFUCKING LONG SINCE THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD WAS ACTUALLY DISCUSSED I FORGOT WHAT THE FUCK WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

Andy Kent -- How was my spelling and grammar?

12. andykent

andykent Member

Looked fine to me zag.

Well, a couple pages back I said I was going to stay away from the whole entitlement debate and comparison between upbringings for different races, which is a complicated one, but I'm with those who champion hires being made based on merit.

With that being said, I'm also for promoting our field in the schools -- and I mean all of the schools in all of the neighborhoods. Spike Lee's program at Morehouse College is a positive step, but somebody else said it earlier that the seeds of interest could and should be planted at an earlier age. The more aspiring writers of all races and genders we can influence the brighter the future of our industry will be.

Diversity doesn't need to be a hot-button topic for debate, but rather a byproduct of good teaching and recruiting. Now, more than ever, we all need to be on the same page with this idea because we're all in the same boat -- and it's listing but it can still be saved.

Draft saved Draft deleted