1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want Te'o on your favorite NFL team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Feb 2, 2013.

?

Do you want Te'o on your favorite NFL team?

1. Yes

35.1%
  2. No

64.9%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Teo's game reminds me a bit of Pat Angerer who starts at ILB for The Colts at 6 FT 235. If Angerer can start in The NFL I believe that Teo can also.
    Not sure that he is a first round pick though.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[consults Titans depth chart]

Sweet Jesus, yes.

[/consults Titans depth chart]

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And on the ESPN profile he is 6-2, 255. LOL. He is only 6 feet tall if Lennay measured him.

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

As a Dolphins fan... I would love to see him go to the Jets and add to the soap opera

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also, the poll is stupid. If my favorite NFL team had the 28th pick in the draft and needed a middle linebacker, I would Manti Te'o. If my favorite NFL team had the eighth pick in the draft and needed a middle linebacker, I would not want Te'o unless he was available in the second round.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's not stupid.

I would not want him taking a roster spot on the team. That goes for a 1st round draft pick or an undrafted free agent signing. I would want Tebow before this guy.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What the fuck is any of this girlfriend shit going to matter as to whether he is a good NFL player? I mean, Jesus Christ. Guys have stuff 10 times worse than this going on all around them and play.

I repeat: I don't think Te'o is going to be a very good player. I could easily be wrong on that. But all of this crap is a big fat zero in terms of his potential and scouting profile. To say you wouldn't want him even as an undrafted free agent is asinine.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

To me, saying you'd take an undrafted nobody over Te'o because of the Lennay Kekua bullshit is just idiotic.

There's no reason this silly little scandal should deprive him of a career. He committed no crimes, he had nothing to do with creating the hoax, he's never been in any trouble off the field, and by all accounts he's been a model citizen, student and teammate in all his other endeavors the last four years.

Hell, the league's full of scumbags who've committed intentional crimes, including one the world's been slobbering all over the last two weeks in the buildup to ths Super Bowl. But we're gonna ostracize Te'o because he was duped by some ridiculous phony girlfriend scam? Oh please. People have short attention spans, the "distraction" factor will dissipate soon enough.

I agree with Versatile, I'm not sure how to even answer the poll. No, I wouldn't expend a high first round pick on him. But would I take him if still available later in the draft? Hell yes, in a heartbeat.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then vote yes. I would not want this side show anywhere near the Steeler locker room.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see OOP's take on that.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Add Carpenter and Keith Rivers to the list, though Rivers was never really the same after Hines Ward broke his jaw.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh, but the Ben Roethlisberger sideshow is quite tolerable to Steeler fans. A little rapist action? No problem, keep cheering, but goddamnit, this "being fooled by an online hoax" bullshit is where we draw the line! Sound logic there, Devil.

And the notion that the "sideshow" will continue indefinitely is asinine. This story has already begun to fade and will be largely forgotten soon enough. It ain't gonna disrupt crap next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted