1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Trust Your Boss?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NightOwl, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

"Don't trust anybody."
    [​IMG]

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The higher up it goes, the worse the level of trust gets.

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I don't trust people much either. I used to trust the animal-shelter cats back in the day though. After all, the cats couldn't misinterpret what I said, forget things accidentally on purpose, or talk about me behind my back.

To directly answer the question posed: Hell no, I don't trust my boss. That doesn't mean I don't work my azz off for him. But I send e-mail rather than verbally discuss significant issues, triple-check some things he says, and generally make sure there's a paper trail whenever possible.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've got two words for you, and they are two words that assure that I will never, ever, ever, never no not ever trust another boss again as long as I shall live forever and ever, amen.

Gene Policinski.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Nope. I don't. When you've got bosses who talk out both sides of their mouths and exhibit sociopathic tendencies, the answer is no.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

my boss is a solid human being.

Draft saved Draft deleted