1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Trust Your Boss?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NightOwl, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Do you use your left hand or your right to feel him out? :)

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

trust the current boss and his deputies immensely. even trust those immediately above them, all the way up to the editor-in-chief. beyond that, though, there is no trust. i've learned painfully that some decisions are even out of the top editor's hands.

translation: the lawyers calling the shots, who don't know any of the names they try to eff with, are never to be trusted. but having the top ed's in your corner -- as well as your own legal counsel -- should never be underestimated.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You must have him confused with Mikey.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Can't it be both?

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Do you trust your boss?

Oh that's funny. That's real funny. You're gonna look funnier suckin' my dick with no teeth.

What I mean is, do you think she'd go behind your back, try to hamstring you?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Step aside, Mert. This fucker's about to have himself an accident.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I have to say, I am very lucky in this regard (though that has not always been the case ... many years ago I left my hometown paper, with no job lined up, at least in part because I was working for people I didn't trust).
    My current boss, I have known a long time, long before he was my boss, and I would trust him with my life. But I also understand that he calls fewer and fewer of the shots in the current economic enviornment, and that worries me.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like bragging to me.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Nah, I'm hung like a chicken.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My boss is a great guy, and I trust him more than anyone else in the office. And I really mean that.

12. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

My boss used to be me. I'm pretty sure I liked it better back then.

Draft saved Draft deleted