1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Trust Your Boss?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NightOwl, Mar 29, 2008.

1. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

I like my boss. But I wonder if I can trust him.

He talks nice to me, but he also lies to me and forgets the promises he's given me.

It's such a tough business now. Share your stories and vent here.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes. What a great thread. Perhaps instead of just revealing things that would be relatively easy for my boss to trace back to me, I'll just make it easy and reveal my boss' name.

If I could find a picture of Bad Idea Jeans, this post would contain it.

EDIT: Let me add that I like and trust my boss. I was using myself as a hypothetical.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My bosses are completely trustworthy. No issues here.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I say without any reservation that my team leader and head of section are both people I would do anything they requested of me. I am incredibly happy to work for both of them, and believe in them wholeheartedly.

5. dooley_womack1

See Doc, no worries. Great thread.

6. dooley_womack1

If Pastor praises his boss, I hope the boss realizes Pastor always uses the blue font.

7. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I don't even trust my own mother. So I guess the short answer is hell no.

8. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

I had some wonderful bosses a couple of stops ago. That's why I ask the question.

I"m in a bigger place now, but I miss working with good managers.

I'd rather work with good people now, and it's always nice if you have a great boss or two. Job is nice enough, but I wanna work with happy people again.

Better to have a terrific team than anything else, in my book.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm hesitant to trust any boss, and even most any co-workers anymore with certain things. Got burned badly once upon a time.

But I will say I have a great boss who always backs me up, makes it clear he appreciates hard work, and will always hook me up when I ask for something. He's easily among, at worst, my top two bosses I've ever had in this business.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was just warning the impulsive among us that their boss probably knows about this site, so they should tread carefully.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My boss, as I've said repeatedly on this board, is one of the greatest human beings on the planet. I'd trust him with anything. Never failed to have my back, even when I didn't always deserve it.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted