1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think the health care bill will pass?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 17, 2010.

?

Do you think the health care bill will pass

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Right now it's close and seems like it could go either way. Do you think it will pass or not?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If they tinker with the abortion language, it's an easy pass.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Not with a vote. I do think they will use some shady parliamentary procedure to get it through

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From everything I've read I don't think they can tinker with Senate abortion language unless it goes back to Senate vote-- which they don't want to do.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's only shady if it's the other side. Hell, a filibuster is shady. That's why they have to do a runaround in the first place.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think they should do whatever it takes to pass it but it will be gutless if they don't require individual vote.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's all shady. I just hope my state's reps have the balls to hold out for our own special piece of the pie. It's the American way.

8. Mizzougrad96

If they can pass it legitimately, so be it... But if Pelosi pulls that deal where they can pass it without voting then I think things could get ugly.

9. Mizzougrad96

I'm at the point now where I just want this bullshit over so they can focus on something that everybody acknowledges that we need, like creating more jobs, and I'm talking about something much more substantial than the job bill they just passed through.

I can't believe how much time spent on this crap. Pass it or don't and move on.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yes it will pass, if for no other reason than Obama has invested all his political capital on this initiative. The reputation of his administration, at least to date, rides on passing this.

ANd yes, hopefully they move on to focusing on jobs, since they are going to need to with the amount of jobs that get cut by companies trying to pay for the health care bill.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

See: Clinton, William Jefferson

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Curious to know what exactly is shady about a filibuster.

And if Pelosi get this thru without a vote she needs to go to prison for the rest of her life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.