1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you still drink beer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2014.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Got a nice Left Hand Milk Stout clone on tap. I'm absolutely killing it, even though I'm lactose intolerant. Lactaid is my friend.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In California wine country, crowds wait overnight in the rain for the release of Pliny the Younger.

http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Overflow-crowd-of-beer-lovers-awaits-Pliny-the-5214552.php

I have to get up there one of these years.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you have the ability and you have not yet gone, you really should. Had an amazing bottle of Elder a few weeks back, and they say Younger is way better.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Some people bring cool cocktails. I see about 85% wine, maybe 10% beer and the rest cocktails. Sometimes, a table of yentas will bring cosmopolitans, but at the nicer places, people tend to go more eclectic, if not YF eclectic.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just realized the restaurant we're going to tonight is BYO. Have to decide what to bring.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Go heavy on the Cynar.

Draft saved Draft deleted