1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not at all Tom. Go back and read some of these posts.Some folks are apoligizing for shopping at Walmart. I don't get it. Why should you feel embarrised to shop at Walmart and save a few bucks.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pull the stick out of the pot, boom. if you think wal mart is just another fucking store, why'd you start the thread?

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Pike's Pique.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Reached its apex.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My money goes to Sam Walton frozen corpse via Sam's Club, but -- now that I have the option to shop elsewhere -- not to Wal-Mart. Not if I can help it.

It's a matter of preference, not politics. I don't like the shitty quality, I don't like the shitty service, I don't like the shitty way they treat their employees (or their suppliers), and I don't like the shitty way they monopolize local marketplaces.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Became interested last night while watching debate. I walk into Walmart and never felt that it had politcal ramifications.

During to summer I probably go at least once a week to stock up on night crawlers and Skoal. I also like knocking around the DVD bin - Found some great movies under $5. Also happy to download their music for .88 per song instead of the buck you pay elsewhere

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't shop at Wal-Mart solely because I love Target and have since I first went to one.

I'm not considering business practices when I say that. My main objection to Wal-Mart has more to do with the perception it gives me of being Redneck Central.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nice try, stirrer of the shit.

9. Well, at least he figured out that "peaked" thing

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he found it on sale at wal mart right next to the skoal.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And the YOUR RETARDED t-shirts.

Draft saved Draft deleted