1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. I voted no, only because there wasn't an option for "no fucking way"

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

First of all, Target isn't in Canada so I don't have a point of reference.

Yeah, the Pepsi and all that brand name crap is cheaper--but not if you watch the competition and check their "specials".

And Zeke is right. When price is the only variable in the price/quality equation, you end up with shitty crap.

Look, I don't care if anyone shops at Wal-Mart or not. Most of the people I work with do and my siblings do. I don't just beause it's my line in the sand---however rational or irrational it might be. If people ask me why, it' simple--" I don't like their corporate policies" If they want more, they get it.

Their stores are a blight on the landscape--as are most of the other big boxes--and I don't shop at a lot of them if I don't have to.

But in the case of Wal-Mart, nope.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A fun protest might be to have a reverse boycott. Have everyone shop on a certain day and buy some loss leader -- like a $2.50 gallon of milk -- and nothing else.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I voted no, because I'll never shop at that piece of shit chain for myself.

However, once a month the company I work gives us an allowance for the celebration of birthdays and stuff like that. They tell us to go to Wal*Mart since it's cheap and it's right down the road.

It's a chance to get out so I take it, otherwise I stay far away.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

It has the cheapest prices, it's open 24 hours a day and it has EVERYTHING. It's one stop shopping and I can't deny it.

But I don't have to deal with the 450-pound set shopping for more food to shove down their gullets. I've got the Neighborhood Market (Wal Mart grocery store) right down the street. It's like the cleanest grocery store with the best prices around.

But I still like Target a lot better.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So except for the times you shop there, you never shop there.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Odd, but milk is one of those things that I never find any cheaper at Wal-Mart. There are a few things like that. I have no idea why, though.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not a terribly shocking statement.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow - must admit I never realized that Walmart was such a lightening rod issue to the liberal set until last night.

Such handwringing over a store that saves you money.

Color me surprised that there are so many no votes at sj

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think writing "handwringing" is a little overfuckingdramatic.

some people think they're douchebags for their business practices, so what?

i never understand how you people, people who use words such as lightening rod, attempt to stir shit up for your own amusement. that's a bullshit post, boom, and you know it.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I shop at love me some am addicted to should own stock in Target.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight to get a bottle opener.

Draft saved Draft deleted