1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Yes. But I hate myself for doing so.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, can we have varying degrees of this?
    i do, only because it's close; my options are a less-than stellar store 7 minutes away, or better stores 20 minutes away or the best stores a half-hour away. Even the target by me is a regular one...

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Shopping at Wal-Mart is kind of like paying taxes. When you end up paying less, liberals hate you for it. So, yes, I shop at Wal-Mart.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Haven't been to a Wal-Mart in 6 months or so, but in some cities, it's the only option.

I'm a Target girl.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We need other options:

() Yes, often, but I feel guilty.
    () Yes, but only because it's convenient. I hate,hate,hate it.
    () Yes, to piss off liberals
    () No, but I wish I could. I would love the low, low prices

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've never quite understood this.

The Pepsi or Wonder bread or Dawn dishwashing liquid or Brawny paper towels or Gillette razor blades are "crappier" at Wal-Mart than at other stores?

And at the Target I frequent, there are 24 checkout registers. About 5 are usually in use.

But if you repeat something enough times . . .

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Come for the low prices, stay for the soul-crushing alienation and evidence that we surely deserve whatever cataclysm ends up destroying our civilization.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But you did say there'd be low prices, right?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe it is their lack of advertising or just the culture of the place but no I don't darken their door. I did have to return something over the weekend and there just seems to be something off about the place. Their odd manner of determining what movies and publications and other products are "acceptable" for their customers just gives me the creeps. I don't feel welcome there.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

The Pepsi and the paper towels are probably the same. But a lot of the other stuff isn't. Wal Mart makes companies meet an insanely low price point to sell their toaster ovens and stuff there, so the companies make them a little cheaper (i.e., not as well) as they do for their regular customers.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, but many products are crappier now at all stores thanks to Wal-Mart dictating prices to suppliers.

Draft saved Draft deleted