1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Does Phila know that you're stealing his schitck?

Oh, and no.

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I stopped using Walmart when I learned that Hillary worked for 'em.

But seriously, I shop at Target a couple of times a year. I have no idea where the nearest Walmart is.

The last time I went to Target, on the advice of a small buiness (frame shop), they didn't have what I wanted either. I think I wound up buying the picture frames at Fred Meyer. The place I would have preferred to patronize didn't have what I needed.

When I have time, I try to use the neighborhood businesses first. I don't lose that much on the transaction, and I like the service.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How do you vote on this? Do we tell Boom and he tallies it up? I don't have a vote function.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yep. Guilty.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't. There aren't any Wal-Marts near my house, and by near, I mean within 30 miles.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Thanks for the correx.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I need a gallon of organic milk and/or free range eggs and can't get to the farmer's market, I go to Wal-Mart.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

More cashiers fuck up the stock price and then the shareholders will be pissed.

And for the life of me, why should Wal-Mart employees give a shit? The employer doesn't.

And in the 17 or so years since Wal-Mart came to Canada, I've been into one store to make one purchase because the town I was stuck in had no alternative .

Buying crappy merchandise in shitty stores is no way to go through life.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Not regularly, I prefer Target, but there's no question they are the lowest price, especially when it comes to health & beauty and cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, etc.

And lower by a lot...I think the last time I checked, Crest toothpaste was a dollar cheaper than the grocery store. And that's without a coupon.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. Given a choice, I'll always go with a locally-owned, non-chain over the corporate giant.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The moderators may have unilaterally taken away away your right to vote.

Or maybe you voted once already and now you're trying to stuff the ballot box.

It's the latter, of course. This isn't Chicago you know

12. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Yes, I do, but I'm a poor college student with a Walmart nearby. Sometimes, I just have to go with the cheapest possible option.

Draft saved Draft deleted