1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

True, seeing the men with fupas makes me feel as though I have the physique of a Greek god by comparison. And yes, I feel stylish as hell in my Target-bought gear compared to the threads they rock at Wally World.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

The book is actually The Great Deluge, in case anybody is interested -- and it's a helluva read.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The best time to go is during the third shift.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Doc,

Thanks for doing your part and using my recycled oil.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Then answer "yes" doc.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Hate to say I do. There are other grocery stores around, and for certain things (especially produce, I'll go elsewhere) but as someone who is cheap and does most of his grocery shopping after work (the 12:30 a.m. Wal-Mart crowds are quite lovely) it makes the most sense.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I was there this past weekend for the first time in a couple of months. I swear, they've got the worst customer service in the world, hands down. On a Saturday afternoon, maybe one quarter to one third of the checkout lines were open. And the employees there just don't give a damn.
    At least Target is kind of clean...and they'll have about half of the checkout lines open at a given time. And the employees seem halfway happy with being there.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'd have to couch my answer by saying, "Only as a last resort." If I've checked half a dozen other places and can't get what I'm after, yes. Otherwise, not on your life.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not unless there's no other choice.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd shop there just to spite JR and John Edward's kid... but the parking lot is a dump, and the people who shop there smell. If Costco and Trader Joes are a '10' as a shopping experience, WalMart is a '1'.

Put me as a yes.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Damn skippy. Too bad my state makes it hard for them to open a full-blown Super with the grocery store.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm a sports writer who makes less yearly than a middle of the pack hooker so I would say heck yes I shop there. Of course, I cry about it afterwards, but that's only because it's teas of joy. i love saving money, even at the expense of my soul.

Draft saved Draft deleted