1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Walmart Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do You Shop at Walmart ?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The store folks love to hate. Curious about the sj population.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Re: Walmart

Only because it's the closest grocery store for us.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Kind of an open-ended question, Boomer. Do I occasionally shop at Wal-Mart? Yes, like once every month or two (I also get my oil changed there). Often? Nope. So I'm not sure how to answer.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

No, I go to Target (which is surely almost as evil as Wal-Mart but gets much better PR).

I haven't been in a Wal-Mart in at least a year.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I did in Idaho, but I swore it off when I moved to Texas and only shop at Albertsons or HEB.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't do my grocery shopping there, so it's on a very infrequent basis. But I don't mind going there for electronics or batteries or swimming pools.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Let me say this for Wal-Mart. As much as I've shit on them on here, I've been reading Douglas Brinkley's "The Deluge," and Wal-Mart did some really good deeds in the wake of Katrina -- basically telling emergency responders "take what you want."

8. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Pretty much every place I've lived has been within 2 miles of a Super Wal-Mart ... can't beat it when you're driving home after a late shift, IMO.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

DTGDTN ;D

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I go there once or twice a year -- and always get a massive headache behind my eye when I do -- so I'm not sure how to answer.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I usually wait until Saturday about midmorning to shop there.

Seeing people who are fatter and dressed with less taste than I am gives me a false sense of superiority that helps me make it through the rest of the week.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I get dragged in there occasionally by my gf, but I've always used Publix or Target, can't remember ever buying anything there myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted