1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Amazon.com Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Do you shop at Amazon.com?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm an Amazon.com and Overstock.com junkie. People at malls make me mad.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Written by board favorite and spirit guide WC Heinz.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dam jg - thought that was Vince himself who banged out the story on his smith corona.

Just looked at my copy and it does read in the fine print "with W C Heinz"

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Mr. Lombardi wasn't much for storytelling, apparently. Great with the Xs and Os, but no raconteur. Heinz got the emotional core of the book from Mrs. Lombardi - by interviewing her when Vince wasn't around.

Red Smith got Heinz the job.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but I can't remember the last thing I bought there.

I shop at locally-owned bookstores as much as possible, but if I can't find it here I'll usually order it from amazon.

6. Boom_70

Good stuff - book is not bad - good window into Lombardi game preparation - best part are the play diagrams in back for Packer sweep , ect

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I only get books from the library since the price is right, don't collect DVDs and have not bought a CD since 2002. I voted no.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

For that entire season, the Packers' players called Heinz "The Shadow," because everywhere Lombardi went, he followed.

9. Boom_70

Just knocked around there - nice site - still cannot find cheap version of Bill Walsh 's "Finding the Winning Edge " though. They was $650 - You can get at Amazon for $350 - still high

10. Boom_70

'dexter you know me to well. I would submit to those of you that think that Walmart is bad for the country that Amazon may be worse.

Walmart may be the cause of small stores closing down but at least they are keeping jobs in the community. Amazon is shipping from a few wearhouses around the country and not creating a lot of new jobs.

More importantly they are not collecting state or local sales tax. States are losing a lot of badly needed revenue in form of lost sales taxes. Walmart with nexus in all 50 states collects millions on behalf of all states with a sales tax.

I guess my real point is that if you are not going to shop at Walmart in protest than you should also boycot Amazon as well for similiar reasons.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In some places Amazon.com locates warehouses in factories abandoned by companies taking jobs overseas and employs locals to drive forklifts and such.

You gonna say netflix is bad because it might cause blockbuster to close?

12. Boom_70

Ace - I don't think either is bad.

Just pointing out that if you are going to paint Walmart as the anti christ there are others also.

Draft saved Draft deleted