1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Amazon.com Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Do you shop at Amazon.com?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Probably have bought just as much stuff on the site from the affiliated used booksellers than the main amazon warehouse.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You may know this site already but ABE Books is the single best clearing house for used/rare/antiquarian books on the internets.

www.abe.com

In the market for a signed first (British) edition of Ian Fleming's Goldfinger?

Only $40,000 USd

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=924250666&searchurl=an%3Dfleming%26kn%3DGoldfinger%26sortby%3D1%26x%3D62%26y%3D16

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll buy a CD or a book from Amazon, but that's about it.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can't you guys buy groceries and other crap from them?

Amazon. ca doesn't sell any stuff other than Books, CD's DVD's, video games etc.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dr. J is a huge fan of ABE. He shops there when he gets some spare change.

I shop on amazon a ton, in fact I just got Dr. J's Valentine's Day present from amazon on Sunday. Picked up a book for myself too.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'll third the love for Abebooks.com. It's a great site.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He's going to ask who we like for the next Barnes and Nobel Peace Prize.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I did one time, and was impressed with the service. The book I ordered (I actually ordered two) was delayed in getting to them, and they kept me up to date on the detail. At the risk of sounding like I'm giving Ebay rep, I highly recommend.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I love Amazon, and books are only a small fraction of what I buy there. What's great is how much product detail they give you if you're looking for a universal remote or a camera or something. Lots of photos, usually a decent number of user reviews. They own so much of the market share because they do it right.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK. That was very well played.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mostly books and DVD's. Have also had success sending toys to my neices and nephews as gifts for various events.

I send a lot of books out to business associates as gifts and I like the ease of sending same book to multiple people. Once you build a data base its very easy.

Have had great success with their used book system. A few years back I was looking for Vince Lombardi's book - Run to Daylight. Found it used on Amazon and 5 days later it was on my desk - mint paperback - original cost 95 cents .

Waiting now on the arrival of NFL films History of The Superbowl

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Which Treble Charger album? I bought Detox about a year ago, and it's pretty solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted