1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Shop at Amazon.com Poll ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Do you shop at Amazon.com?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was a big Barnes and Nobel fan but have started to switch over to Amazon who offers wider range of products.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I love Amazon...but I have to be very careful about using it because I could spend way too much.

Interesting things I've bought:
    * The entire Encyclopedia Brown series
    * Treble Charger CD
    * The Rocky series soundtrack
    * An Idaho-shaped cookie cutter
    * A DVD of aerial views of Idaho
    * Several children's books for my Little Man.

What have you bought?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Amazon is the best. One-stop shopping AND free, fast shipping. What could be better?

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yes.

On a related note, who gave Boom's login password to PhilaYank?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Every CD and DVD I buy is from Amazon.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

If it's cheaper on Amazon.com, yes. But only if I'm planning to buy enough to qualify for free shipping.
    Sometimes I have to be careful not to get sucked into spending more than I wanted to just to get the free shipping.

I will also check bn.com and stop into Borders and B & N to check pricing. It's amazing how different prices are on the web vs. in the stores themselves.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Everything I buy is used, so I know it's going to be cheaper than anything I find in the store.

8. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Only used Amazon.com once, but I saved a bundle on getting the complete set of Harry Potter books.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With the Wal Mart poll yesterday, and the Amazon poll today, Boom is building to something. I don't know what it is yet, but I think it's going to be good.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mrs. Ace does.

One big thing in favor of Amazon.com is that (unlike some other retailers I could name) they are super at customer service. It's important to them.

Good story in the Times from a business writer who ordered and Xbox 360 from them and a neighbor signed for it and left it in the hall and it was gone. Amazon still sent him another.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Try Zappos for shoes. AMAZING place and I have no personal or monetary interest in the company. Free shipping, easy returns, great prices.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I had to buy my graduate school textbooks on Amazon. Wife shops there, but I usually opt for the in-store experience.

Woot.com on the other hand...

Draft saved Draft deleted