1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you root for your alma mater?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BertoltBrecht, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When it comes to my alma mater ... guilty as charged. Right now, however, apathy is not under threat.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

My alma mater won a national championship when I was a freshman. That kind of spoiled me during my years at the school. I never covered that sport, but enjoyed going as a student. The other teams, I could really careless about since they are pretty bad, even though one of those teams with the funny looking sticks made some noise last year. Now that I am far away from the school, I really don't pay much attention.

3. Kevin Morales

Kevin Morales Member

Go Golden Gophers! Football and basketball aren't looking too hot, but volleyball and wrestling (my two favorite sports) are top-notch.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I openly despise my alma mater and wish terrible things for them in every sport (save men's soccer).

Go Louisville!

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have started rooting for my alma mater after they fired the incompetent men's basketball coach, blowhard Mike Jarvis.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

St. John should be a top 10 school every year. They should be able to corner the NYC market on college hoops.

I understand your pain.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know two guys who play on the Dal hockey team and saw many more of them in their OHL days.

My alma mater is a community college here in Ontario. Sports at the community college level are dead outside of intramural stuff (and I was a power-hitting first baseman on my softball team in my last year) so there ain't much to cheer about.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I root for the hockey team.

Good luck finding them on television, though.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Proud to be an Appalachian State fanboy!!!!!!!

10. txscoop

txscoop Member

I always root for my story. Don't care who wins.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I root for my school ... and in every sport. None of this "well ... I like this school for football and this one for basketball" crap. Then again, arguably my favorite program at my alma mater is women's basketball. See coach for more details ...

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is she recently single by any chance?

Draft saved Draft deleted